Walking down King Street in Newtown, one of Sydney's oldest suburbs, one's senses can become completely overwhelmed. Despite its colourful boutiques and a seemingly endless array of second-hand book stores, it's the tastebuds that really get the work-out with the strip's vast line of culinary delights. I've walked King Street many times and have counted over 140 pubs, restuarants and cafes along it.

These never stay static either. Constantly changing, upgrading, renaming and expanding one can always expect a new gastronomic adventure to greet them when visiting King Street.

Well, I'm determined to end that and achieve the near impossible: to feast from every restaurant/cafe/bar on King Street and live to tell the tale.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Eat Me Sushi

258 King Street, Newtown

It wants me to eat it. It's asking me to eat it. I ate it. It was good.

This tiny little eatery is tucked away just a couple of blocks from the station. It's a quick stop shop for some sushi or noodles. I made it a very quick one. In and out within seconds, I pointed at one of the Eat me Set boxes in the display and ran. To be honest, sushi is sushi to me. Perhaps I've not been spoilt with this cusine but the only time sushi ever really stands out to me is when there's some unusual combination involved or it's displayed interestingly. This was plain sushi. It was good, cooked well and was priced well. Go here on the run. If you want something a little more flash/interesting, I'd probably recommend Sushi Train closer to the station. At least you get some atmosphere and some more unusual combos.

Times hit: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment