Walking down King Street in Newtown, one of Sydney's oldest suburbs, one's senses can become completely overwhelmed. Despite its colourful boutiques and a seemingly endless array of second-hand book stores, it's the tastebuds that really get the work-out with the strip's vast line of culinary delights. I've walked King Street many times and have counted over 140 pubs, restuarants and cafes along it.

These never stay static either. Constantly changing, upgrading, renaming and expanding one can always expect a new gastronomic adventure to greet them when visiting King Street.

Well, I'm determined to end that and achieve the near impossible: to feast from every restaurant/cafe/bar on King Street and live to tell the tale.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Thai Yindee

@ 186 King Street, Newtown

Now Thai Yindee, I wasn't sure if this was a renovation or a change on management. No matter. I return to the scene of the crime anyway. Inside, it feels as though there are less seats than previously, the back has been converted into a storage area and the front right is now the kitchen. Ordering a chicken yellow curry and a beef satay with peanut sauce, the food came in a flash. The food as not so flash, but not unacceptable. For the price we paid (less than $10 per dish) it was to be expected. The service was fantastic and the servers very pleasant.




Times hit: 1

Previously Five Stars Thaitanic.


I will admit, it's been a number of years since I went to this restaurant, so please excuse my vagueness. I recall it being dimly lit within, that the food was blisteringly hot (a good thing, considering this is Thai food) and that my sister thought Ben Lee was sitting at the table beside us (he was not). Prices are more than reasonable and I recall the service being good.

Times hit: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment