Walking down King Street in Newtown, one of Sydney's oldest suburbs, one's senses can become completely overwhelmed. Despite its colourful boutiques and a seemingly endless array of second-hand book stores, it's the tastebuds that really get the work-out with the strip's vast line of culinary delights. I've walked King Street many times and have counted over 140 pubs, restuarants and cafes along it.

These never stay static either. Constantly changing, upgrading, renaming and expanding one can always expect a new gastronomic adventure to greet them when visiting King Street.

Well, I'm determined to end that and achieve the near impossible: to feast from every restaurant/cafe/bar on King Street and live to tell the tale.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Atom Thai

@ 130 King Street, Newtown

I'm honestly surprised I haven't posted this one up yet considering it's one of my more favourite Thai restaurants on the block. To be fair, I've been to it twice, but I've also had friends recommend it to me with glowing reviews. The aesthetics of this restaurant are simple, yet work sublimely. Warm wooded colours and square tables matches with even squarer stools.

The service is immaculate, the waiters are attentive, the wait for the food is a bit much, but if you want it done right, you have to sing for your supper, as they say. My standard Thai fare to compare with is a Thai Green Curry and this one did the job. Accompanied by a never-ending helping of rice and you know when you're undoing that belt that its done such a good job all you can do is say 'one more spoonful' to yourself as you go for it.

Times hit: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment